Renew your practice: Powerful tools for regulatory, payment and care delivery evolution from your medical societies
El Paso County Medical Society and the American Medical Association invite you to a special educational event to learn how to achieve practice efficiency and spend more time on patient care.
June 16, 2016
6 PM to 9 PM
Free to members of EPCMS or the AMA, $25.00 for non-members and office staff. Click here to register!
6:30 – 7:30 Help Completing your (Required) Security & Privacy Risk Assessment
1 COPIC ERS Point plus 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Create a Security and Risk Assessment unique to your practice, making your information safer for you and your patients
1. Understand what is expected of you and your staff
2. Know what resources are available to conduct a HIPAA Risk Assessment
3. Review the categories of risks
4. Explore a range of mitigation strategies for common risks
7:30 - 7:45 How can the Practice Renewal Team Support Your Team?
1. Improve practice efficiency by creating a framework for health information privacy protection
2. Create a Security & Privacy Risk Assessment unique to your practice, providing a cost effective and secure environment for you and your patients
7:45 – 8:45 Starting Lean Health Care: Implementing a Daily Team Huddle
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Boost practice productivity and team morale by communicating in real time about the day's events
1. Integrate a huddle routine that fits practice needs.
2. Develop roles and objectives for each huddle.
3. Evolve huddles over time to meet changing clinic needs.
4. Identify a high–level champion and create an interdisciplinary improvement team.
5. Utilize Lean tactics to identify sources of waste in clinic workflows.
6. Empower front–line staff to make improvements or identify an improvement project.
7. Select Lean methods of improvement, such as 5S, Gemba or process flow mapping.
EPCMS Family BBQ at the Ballpark and Physician Connection, May 19th at 5 PM
MemberpPhysicians and Practice Managers, their spouses and children, as well as office staff of local practices are all invited.
Members of the society or the Office Manager Association receive 4 free tickets to dinner and the game. Children under 2 are free. Free beer and soda pop provided for this event by Bank SNB! Enjoy beverages and dinner before and during the game against Las Vegas. Walk the field, and win prizes at this family-friendly event. It's also Blue and Orange Championship Beanie Giveaway night! First 1,000 fans through the gates will receive a Blue and Orange Championship Beanie Giveaway. presented by Colorado Springs Othopaedic Group
RSVP by May 13 here and be entered into the drawing to throw out the first pitch! Parking is free with the parking pass provided to you with your RSVP.
This event is made possible by the generous support of: Bank SNB, COPIC, El Paso County Medical Society, Ent Business Banking, Peak View Behavioral Health, Pikes peak Hospice and Pallative Care, and WSi Healthcare Personnel.